(Above Pictures Via MyAnimeList)
Amagi Brilliant Park (甘城ブリリアントパーク)
Story By: Shoji Gatoh
Art By: Yuka Nakajima
Seiya Kanie is an intelligent and narcissistic high school student, who takes on the task of being the general manager for Amagi Brilliant Park. This amusement park will close down unless the park gathers 250,000 visitors by the end of three months. Under Kanie’s leadership, the employees were able to succeed in their goal.
Amagi Brilliant Park is not only a hilarious slice of life comedy, it teaches some important values about leadership and teamwork. Hence, this blog post is dedicated to what I learned from the anime, Amagi Brilliant Park, about owning your own business.
1. In order to be successful, you must look the part (whatever that means). Seiya Kanie is a self-absorbed, egotistical, narcissistic guy. Yet, his self-confidence, intelligence, and leadership skills helps him bring forth the success of the amusement park.
2. Criticism and insults are a source of motivation and inspiration. Seiya Kanie never fails to criticize and to be brutally honest with his employees about their work performance. Yet rather than dwelling on these negative remarks, the employees use it as a source of motivation to bring more guests into the park.
3. Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! How you ask? Well, you can use anything and everything.
4. Customers and guests come first, even if your guests are jerks and little party-poopers.
5. A clean facility is a successful facility. Also, there wouldn’t be a need of janitors if you know how to keep a clean and tidy work space.
6. Use all your resources to your advantage. If you can get something for free, take it.
7. Be open-minded. Being open-minded will definitely come in handy when hiring prospective employees. You should welcome all people from different backgrounds, skills, experiences, and etc.
8. In order to develop your teamwork and cooperation skills with others, you should hangout outside of work and bond together. The best way is going out to bars and getting a few drinks with you and your colleagues as you both complain about work and other stresses in life.
9. Don’t overwork yourself to the point of exhaustion or sickness. We tend to neglect our health and prioritize other things first. However, health should be the number one thing you should take care of.
10. And most importantly, HAVE FUN! Your career/job should be fun and make you happy. If it doesn’t, maybe you should reconsider your profession.
Well, there you have it, some advice you should keep in mind when starting your own possible business. (On a side note, you shouldn’t take this advice too seriously.) I hope you enjoyed this read, and also watch Amagi Brilliant Park. It is a fun, magical, slice of life comedy! 😀
SO WELCOME TO