My Shy Boss (내성적인 보스)
My Shy Boss is a 2017 South Korean romantic comedy.
After her older sister died from an apparent suicide, Chae Ro Woon (Park Hye Soo) joins the company that her sister once worked at. While there, she hopes to uncover the truth about her sister’s death. She believes that there was some foul play involved and thinks that the CEO of Silent Monster, Eun Hwan Ki (Yeon Woo Jin), is responsible.
Eun Hwan Ki is quite introverted and so, his social anxiety causes him to be misunderstood by others. Yet out of everyone in this series, Eun Hwan Ki wasn’t as annoying to watch compared to the other characters. In fact, I appreciated how Yeon Woo-jin seems to capture the overall aura of introverts, like me, in his performance as Eun Hwan Ki. Here are some aspects of an introvert that My Shy Boss got right.
1. Introverts constantly overthink everything. Whenever we encounter someone new or are in a troublesome situation, we constantly think about how to approach the person or issue. We also put an emphasis on how a situation can turn sour.
2. Introverts rather let others approach them rather than the other way around. It takes a lot of courage to go up and talk to someone in person, but if you make the initial move, it’s easier for an introvert to open up and feel comfortable around you.
(Well this video makes you think otherwise!)
3. Introverts have a difficult time hanging out in a big group or social setting. We have trouble small talking in a large group, but if we hang out one-on-one, you would realize we are chatter-boxes.
4. Introverts observe before interacting. Sometimes, our quietness seems off-putting and intimidating to others. As a result, we may look unapproachable. However, we observe our surroundings first in order to make sure, it feels safe.
(Maybe his interests are questionable…)
5. Introverts are the most kind-hearted and interesting people you will ever meet. It may take a while for an introverted person to open up to you, but when we do, it means that we want to be friends with you.
Now there are other introverted traits that Eun Hwan Ki’s character possesses, but these are the traits that stood out to me while I was watching the show.
If you haven’t watched My Shy Boss, you can check it out on Dramafever.