I was nominated by the WordPress blog, WakuWafu for the Liebster Award. Would you consider this equivalent exchange? I mean, WakuWafu nominated me for this, and in exchange, they get a nice shout out on my blog, and a personal and thankful message from me. I’m actually surprised because I didn’t expect other readers to exist aside from my friends. Every time I make a blog post, I always hope that there would be at least one person who would thoroughly read it ( I can’t force people to read my posts. It all depends on luck whether or not someone clicks my blog). Yet, the fact that WakuWafu nominated me for this means that at least one person does read my blog, and this lets me know I must be doing something right. So WakuWafu, I appreciate your nomination, and thank you very much.
1) What made you start a blog?
My friends told me I should either write a novel or make a blog because they think I have some interesting thoughts that should be heard by others. I am an introvert, and I have a tough time actually expressing myself aloud and in person. However, when it comes to putting words onto paper, I can express myself more clearly, and people seem to understand me more.
Also, I want to sharpen my writing and analytical skills because I’m considering graduate school. I got to keep my skills up-to-date.
2) What’s one show you would consider a hidden gem?
What I consider a gem, may not be a gem for someone else. I don’t have any gems at the moment, but if I do, I would make a blog post about it, and share it with everyone.
3) Who is your favourite character in anime or outside of anime?
There are way too many characters I want to embody for a day, be friends with, or marry. If I have to pick, I would have to say, Sailor Moon, because she was the first real heroine I admired, and she is what got me interested in anime and Japanese culture.
4) What one superpower would you like to have?
I have thought about this question many times, and I can’t pick just one. Here is what I’ve been contemplating on. I actually like X-Men’s Rogue’s power of absorption; in which you can steal other people’s powers and skills through touch. Yet like every power, there is a weakness. I wouldn’t be able to physically touch others anymore, and I will also accidentally absorb their personal memories (I do recall all those X-Men cartoon episodes where Rouge’s power became uncontrollable). Rouge’s power would be awesome to have, but it would also be difficult to control.
The other superpower I considered was X-Men’s Pixie because she is like an actual fairy. She has wings to fly and throws pixie dust.
5) Do you have a least favourite show?
I don’t just have one, I have a couple. The anime shows that I wouldn’t recommend to people: School Days, Myself; Yourself, and Amnesia. There were many “WTF!” moments that didn’t really connect with me.
6) What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever come across in anime?
There are many funny jokes in anime. Yet one of my favorite comedy gags is between Nagisa’s parents, Akio and Sanae, from Clannad. Whenever Sanae’s bread is criticized by customers, she runs out of the bakery, and Akio chases after her and says, “I LOVE YOUR BREAD!” That’s true love right there, and it never fails to make me smirk every time.
7) Who is one character you identify yourself with most?
Shizuku Mizutani from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. I wrote a blog post about this anime and manga here, and I also talked about why I can identify myself with her, “The character, Shizuku, reminds me of myself. Similarly, I am a studious student and a bookworm. I consider myself an introvert; hence, I have a hard time making friends and talking to people in general.”
8) When you are feeling sad, what cheers you up most of all?
Talking to my friends.
9) What is the one thing you would most like to do this year?
I want to have finish a complete, edited draft of my novel that I worked on for Nanowrimo.
10) Which was your favourite anime of this year/last year?
Barakamon (ばらかもん). Naru-chan is such an adorable girl. 🙂
11) If you could change one thing about anime, what would it be?
I wouldn’t change anything about anime, itself. Yet rather, the change I have in mind is how dubbed anime is distributed to foreign viewers. Usually, dubbed versions would edit a character’s lines or the animation to make it more familiar with a foreign viewer’s culture. Instead, I would prefer if anime wasn’t edited like that because it prevents viewers from having the chance to understand Japanese culture. Yet then again, I’m a minority in this majority.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I love sweets.
- I traveled to Japan and the Philippines.
- I can speak Japanese, and have an elementary knowledge of Korean.
- I have a fear of spiders.
- My favorite color is pink.
- I listen to a wide range of music, and I love going to concerts. Some people would consider it a waste of money, but I don’t. Some of the artists I’ve seen include 2PM, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Maroon 5, OneRepublic, Paramore, and Yellowcard.
- My favorite board game is Cards Against Humanity.
- My favorite fruit is a pineapple.
- I like to collect bows and flowery headbands.
- I like to memorize the lyrics of rap songs.
- A motto that I live by is “eat well.”
Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Here are my nominations:
Icha’s Note: She is a talented writer and photographer.
kawaimono: Kawaimono has some interesting blog posts about anime and music. This blog recommended me some good music.
lordmarksman: Blogs about anime, manga, technology, and video games. I would describe his writing style as neat and professional.
justanotheranimefan: This blog has some good reviews and thoughts on anime.
Making Geek Chic (since 1987): She has some amusing posts, and I like her writing style.
And your questions (I’m not that creative.):
- What made you start a blog?
- What inspires you to write?
- What’s your favorite novel, anime, TV show or film?
- Do you have a least favorite novel or show?
- Who is your favorite character in a novel or show?
- Name a character you identify yourself with the most?
- If you could live in any fictional world, where would you live?
- If you could have dinner with an anime, novel or TV show character who would it be?
- Do you have a motto you live by? If so, what is it?
- What is one thing you want to accomplish in this lifetime?
- If you could change one thing about society or the world, what would it be?
Thank you again for the nomination, WakuWafu. I would also like to comment to Tukky12 that the fact that you can play Dango is pretty cool. Also, to Eskimoseb, I admire that you are studying to become an engineer, and good luck!